Thursday, January 11

Mr. B Quit His Job

Yep, he did it. He ripped that band-aid straight off. After serving a life sentence of 27 years.

I have so much to say. But I'm kind of waiting on him. I'm being respectful of HIS boundaries. He'll eventually give me the green light. And then you are really going to know how I feel. And how he feels.

I just want to clarify one thing. He did not retire. He quit. There is a difference. He's got a lot of life in him. And more talent in his pinky finger than that prison has in its entirety. He'll use that talent to do amazing things. Of that, I'm certain.

I'm so proud of him. You have no idea.

He's done his time. And there toward the end, he crawled through several hundred yards of filth you can't imagine. But he came out clean on the other side. Smiling and clean.

I'm going to put a link to a video up that sort of describes how I've felt about him quitting. If you haven't seen Shawshank Redemption - - how are we even friends? Go watch that movie. And I'm sorry for the spoiler. If you have seen it, you will easily get my reference. Just a head's up, there's a bad word in the video...



No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...