We registered Justin for YMCA basketball last month. We got the playing schedule last night, but did not get a notification about which team he is on.
I looked at the schedule. Two names stuck out to me. Spurs and Mavericks. I wanted to cry. I knew we wouldn't get on the Spurs. We don't ever have that much luck. We all own Spurs t-shirts, etc. It would have been too easy.
Yes, there were lots of other team names. But guess which one Justin got. You guessed it. The Mavericks. The MAVERICKS. Are you freakin' kidding me? I only wish I could tell Shannon. She would have gotten the biggest laugh out of that. The Mavericks. I have to cheer for the Mavericks. Woe is me. I will get a plain t-shirt that says Go Justin or something like that. But I refuse to wear anything that says Mavericks.
This blows.
*insert heavy sobbing here*
No comments:
Post a Comment