Where have I been? You know where I've been. At home, living my life, being a mommy. I would say it's what I do best, but some days I wonder...
What shall I talk about tonight?
Read below to see what Thing 1 did earlier. (*me singing* Duh, duh, duh -- another one bites the dust.) That's right. Another telemarketer, down in flames. This is so much fun. I started to feel sorry for her, then I regrouped and got the giggles all over again. She really thought he was home alone. So, so funny.
Thing 1 is kicking some tail in preschool. He is learning so much. I'm *way* glad we went with five days a week for him. He is really benefiting from it. Growing up so, so fast. He is using the big boy potty now and drinks from a big boy cup. And if you think *you* are all that - - I double-dog dare you to challenge him to play Lego Star Wars on the X-Box. He has finished them both. He rocks. I've tried to play it and he gets frustrated with me. I can't do it. Have *you* ever been schooled by a three (almost four) year old? It's humiliating. And kind of funny, too.
Thing 2 is another story. Poor little guy. We are only into the second week of school and he is already sick. UGH! Croup. And bad. So bad that he and I will be staying home this weekend and missing Husband's family reunion. Thing 1 and Daddy are going by themselves. I hope Thing 2 can shake this bug soon. I know he is frustrated with it. I hurt just listening to him cough. I know he feels like crap. Not much else to report on him. Okay, something positive first. He can watch Blue's Clues and Toy Story non-stop. Seriously. I'm sick of "Coos-Coos." Now Toy Story - - that's cute.
Husband. He made some FABULOUS homemade pretzels tonight. But along with those pretzels was one humongous mess. I'm not even kidding. He said that since he made the pretzels (at my request) I had to clean up. Under normal circumstances that would be fine. I would like to point out that he is no Rachel Ray. Nothing was neatly pre-measured in bowls ahead of time and the man has ZERO concept of "clean as you go." None. Zilch. The kitchen is a wreck. Spills, every measuring device we own - used, two baking sheets are still on the stove, open flour sack, open baking soda... You get my drift? Let me reiterate. The pretzels were good. But c'mon, man.
Final topic - it's coming! One week from tonight! SURVIVOR! And I'm going to be out of town. I can't complain. I'm going on a scrapbook retreat. I leave Thursday and come home on Sunday. I'm sure there is cable at our retreat place. But will it have a DVR with pausing and rewinding capabilities? I've decided not to ruin my season of Survivor this year. I will avoid spoilers at all cost. I am going to post something on either Thursday nights after the show or on Fridays and we can discuss it in comments. Sound good? We can do that each week. Anyone in?
Okay, I better get to work. I have a load in the dryer, one in the washer and then there's that kitchen to attack.
Good night my stalkers.
**Smooches**
3 comments:
I bet I win the survivor thing. I've now been on the island for over a year and nobody's gone kick me off. Ha! Way to go Thing 1.... keep it up. Next time tell them a cool story about your Uncle Bob.
Thing 1 sounds sooo much like Caleb. He loves school & can beat PS2 games like no other, even at the early ages of 3 & 4. Next time you see Lavonne please tell her that Colby is doing great in Kinder. and we miss her! When my kids were little "Hory Tory" was code name for Toy Story... How cute...
I bet you are so proud of Thing 1....Isn't it amazing to see how much they change and grow when they go to a full time pre-school....
Thing 2...poor little guy. I hope he gets to feeling better really soon. He's going to be spoiled after a weekend home alone with mom, Blue Clues & Toy Story.
Survivor...I am game. Lets see what you have to say. I saw where there is a "grave digger" on this season.
Post a Comment