Why am I jazzed, you say. Well, 'cause it's the fourth Friday of the month. That means it's Parents' Night Out at church. Woo Hoo!!! I opted out of eating out tonight. (I know - - shocker!) I got my fill of that last weekend. Husband mentioned wanting about 5 hours without kids to break the television area apart and re-wire some of it. So - - we are grilling at home and I told him to "have at it." If he's going to do that, I might watch a little t.v. in the bedroom or something. I don't know. Play on the laptop. Maybe even a luxurious bubble bath. Ahhhhh...
I'm sitting here listening to Thing 1 recite the Pledge of Allegiance. I didn't even know he knew it. I can't believe how much he is learning this year. Already. I am SO loving his teacher, too. I double checked the other day to make sure he was behaving and she assured me that he was. It is so refreshing to not be "getting red lights" and having to visit with the teacher about his behavior EVERY time I pick him up. As a matter of fact, I haven't had to do it a single time. Thing 1 just adores her, too. He asks when he gets to go back when we are on our way home every day. I am very relieved. He is learning, happy and just downright thriving. And do you know what makes a pre-schooler's day? Make them the line-leader. He has gone on and on about this all week. He says he's done this twice this week. Last night, before he went to be, he said, "Mommy, remember today when I was the leader?" I said, "Yes." (Even though I really had no clue.) He said, "Yeah, that was fun." Dang, he's adorable. (And I must say, loving our country, too. Still pledging.)
Thing 2 and I snuck off for donuts after we deposited Thing 1 at his holding facility this morning. Well, donut holes. He digs them. A lot. Mommy got a burrito. And paid for it about an hour and a half later. Won't be doing *that* ever again.
I am sick of clearing my throat. It's annoying. I can only imagine how annoying it sounds to those around me. Go away, phlegm. You are not welcome here.
Slight back-log in the laundry. Almost corrected. Whew.
The fragrance of the - oh I don't know - FALL is Country Morning by Circle E. Oh yum. It's a pumpkin spice. I love it. I love fall. Bring on the first REAL cold front. We had thunder last night. I love thunder. As long as it isn't accompanied by hail and tornadoes. Gentle thunder with an occasional large boom. LOVE it. More please.
Finally, Husband pointed out that our Hoover Floormate worked great on our new tile. I hadn't tried it yet. (He did while I was gone. Yes, he rocks.) I've been quite attached to that whole mop thing. Well I'll be dang if that thing didn't work like a champ. Hasta later you stupid mop. You are history. Hoover Floormate, I think I love you. My kitchen floor looks great!
Okay, time for a shower and then our date night begins.
Happy Weekending!
No comments:
Post a Comment