Friday, January 1

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

I'm not particularly sorry to see 2015 go. It was a challenging year for my extended family. It's like the devil took particular interest in attacking us. Hard. Strained relationships that still need mending. I can assure you that family is way up there on the prayer list.

I'm not big on resolutions. I do, however, like the idea of fresh starts. I like the newness of things. And something about moving the calendar ahead a year always seems like a good time to bring on the change. Cliche? Sure. But it works for me.

I have lofty goals. A lot of them revolve around my prayer life and time with Jesus. I don't want to go into that too much. But know that I'm far from perfect. But I'm going to do my dead level best to chase after the heart of Jesus. With all of my heart.

I desperately need to attack my planner. I'm absolutely LOVING using The Happy Planner. I still use Google calendar. But there's something about a physical planner (that I can be creative with) that makes my inner nerd VERY happy.

On a more "worldly" note. We moved into this house in July of 2014. We had no idea how much work the house needed. It's been a loooooooong year and a half. But I'm happy to report that the hard stuff is nearly done. The kitchen is tiled and cabinets are painted. The master bathroom has been tiled and the shower has been re-built. The cabinets in there have been painted as well. The tiling needs to be done around the tub. But hey, the tub still works. So I'm okay with that. It can wait. But knowing Mr. B, it won't wait long. We also have to order a shower door. Then the decorating can begin. A blank canvas. What to do? Hmmmmmm. I've been all over Pinterest.

Mr. B started installing new wood floor in his office space, the living room and our bedroom. I'm loving the dark wood. And it's great to not be on concrete floors anymore. I'm ready for this project to be done so that I can give the floors a good cleaning. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Possibly by tomorrow night. Then baseboards in the WHOLE house.

Oh - - and a new fireplace. There is a hole in the wall where the old one was. We're going all gas and have one picked out. Just add it to the eleventy billion dollars we've spent to far. No big deal. Eeeeeek! All that lacks is ordering, paying for it and having it installed.

At this juncture, I want to stay in this house forever. Never again do I want to live in the midst of a remodel. It's very trying on an already healthy marriage. Mr. B is a machine though. And once we decided on tile and wood, he has worked like a beast to get it done. And get it done right.

When this is all done - - it's going to be gorgeous. I'm very happy.

Loaded baked potato soup is in the crockpot. It's very cold outside (for West Texas) and warm comfort food sounded perfect for this New Year's Day. Tonight it's leftover snack from last night.

I'm working hard on blogging again. Add it to my list of "do-overs." Haha!

Time to hop up and get back to work around here.

Have a blessed 2016. I hope it's awesome for all of you.

<3 p="">B

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...