Monday, January 18

Big Change on the Horizon...

...actually, effective immediately.



A few changes with the Mom's the Word column that runs in the San Angelo Standard Times. This won't impact the majority of you guys - - since most of you don't get a hard copy of the paper. Like me. My subscription is online only. I found that those papers just STACK UP on my coffee table. So, in the interest of hugging trees, I cancelled our home delivery. Like - - a long time ago. (You're welcome, trees.) Anyway, the big change: the column will no longer run in the printed version of the paper. I have the sads for a few of the older folk fans I've accumulated. They don't read stuff online. They like to get ink on their fingers. I get that. To each their own. The sad part is not getting to tell them good-bye. It's going to look like we got cancelled.

Which we didn't.

And that brings me to part deux. We will still be online and we will appear more often! That's right, baby. We will be in, at the minimum, every other week. Or more like weekly. But if we get the "itch" to write an extra that applies to current events or when the mood strikes, we can write then, too.

So - - in the end, it's all good. Except for my "ink in the hands fans."

It's a mom column. And honestly, the e-mail feedback I get from readers is mostly from those who are retired and they are high-fiving (because they don't fist bump yet) the heck out of me for getting on to disrespectful kids and the parents who raise them.

Please feel free to spread the word. When you see the sad, lonely, visibly shaken retired teacher who is riddled with grief wondering where the "moms" are, please direct them to the Standard-Times (Go San Angelo) website. I'd be most appreciative.

Seriously though - - I adore the heck out of those ladies. They were so reassuring. And validating.

Rest assured, Mom's the Word is not going away - - just embracing change.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...