Tuesday, April 14

Chiropractors - - yay or nay?

I hurt my back in college. It's a stupid story. Something I have regretted ever since the moment it happened. I went to kick my brother (shame on me) and he grabbed my foot and shoved me backwards. I landed right on my tailbone. No bracing. Just a hard fall with direct impact. I didn't see the doctor for a long time. Mostly because I was younger and could tolerate stuff like that. I was injured, but the pain went away rather quickly.

I went to the doctor for it about ten or so years ago. An MRI confirmed a herniated disc. The neuro wanted to do back surgery. I was like, "Uh, no. Let's live with the pain."

Twice now, it has become unbearable. Long bouts of sitting really screw me up. Recently we traveled just over 2000 miles in the car for Spring Break.

I am a mess. I can't sit for any period of time. Which doesn't work for me. At all.


A friend recommended a chiropractor. I've always joked that they were "kooks" and not even real doctors. But I'm desperate. I don't want to spend my time down at the hospital. I don't want to go for back injections that last maybe a week. I want some dang relief. So - - I'm seeing a chiropractor today. I'm a little nervous. I'll let you know how it goes. Eeeeeeeeeeeek!

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...