I crave structure. Not rigid structure. But a plan. If the plan changes, and I have enough notice, I can handle it. Even with little notice, I can cope. I may grumble. But I'll deal with it.
Here's where things go wrong - - failing to make a plan. Especially if it involves my kids. Cameron flies by the seat of his pants. He's just like his daddy. (I married a smart, handsome, sexy beast of a man. But a planner - - he is not. Chalk that one up to God's sense of humor.) So no big thing. Justin, however, is just like his mama. Poor kid. He likes to know what's going to happen and when. No detail left out. The more details, the better.
My dilemma: we have "plans" tomorrow night. But we don't know what that plan is. If he doesn't know how things are going to pan out for the evening, he's going to dwell on it while at school. I need him focused at school.
Ugh.
Justin and I need to learn to live with spontaneity. We need to find the joy in that. How does one transition from planning to "eh - - whatever?" If you know the answer to this, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment