Have you ever decided to change a stop sign to a yield sign? I have. I haven't physically removed any traffic signs. Ever. But in the spirit of, "this really shouldn't be a stop sign, yielding is sufficient," I have.
It nearly bit me in the butt yesterday. Nothing makes you nearly crap yourself quite like knowing you "broke the law," seeing the squad car shortly after said moving violation and then seeing that squad car do a u-ey right after you pass him.
He's probably still laughing at me peering at him through my rearview mirror.
What drives me to take chances like that? Just the thought of sitting through Defensive Driving again makes me want to go club baby seals.
Thank goodness he never flipped those lights on. I was sure I was screwed.
I'll stop next time. I promise. (Especially now that I know they monitor that area.)
Whew.
2 comments:
Lucky. I have two 'stopshouldbeyield' signs that I rooollll through every once in a (ok ALL) the time.
I hate those signs. Why stop when yielding would be sufficient?
Post a Comment