Monday, June 7

Whew.

**This entry was written last night.  But blogger was down.**

We went to Austin this weekend.  We left Saturday morning and just got home.  We went to see our niece graduate from high school.  It was at the Frank Erwin Center at UT.  There were eleventy-billion people there.  They were doing one graduation after another.  It was insane.  We saw her commencement though.  She is a "W" and was the fourth from last.  She is going to Angelo State this fall and we couldn't be more thrilled.  I think Cameron is the most excited.

We stayed at a nice hotel but unfortunately weren't there long enough to really enjoy it.  I think we have decided to vacation there this year instead of traveling further.  It seems like the 3 1/2 hours in the car is just about enough for us.  Plus, the thought of dealing with altitude sickness again isn't too appealing.  Poor Cam.  :(  I think there will be plenty of fun things to do in Austin.  And besides - - Keep Austin Weird.  Right?  We can do that.

Don't be jealous but I got to do a few totally righteous things today.  I got to hang with the kids at Chuck E Cheese's (don't laugh, but I totally love going there), got to go to Archiver's for the first time (and I got to go alone) and then I had a fabulous lunch at PF Changs.  Life just doesn't get much better than that.  I have some new Fancy Pants, Bo Bunny and some Star Wars paper for the kidlets.  I love Fancy Pants.

I am unpacked and have things put away.  (Woo hoo!)  After a quick shower, I'm going to start a load of laundry, watch Army Wives and hit the hay early.  VBS starts in the morning.  It's going to be exhausting but oh so much fun.  I *heart* VBS.

Have a great week.




1 comment:

Kristina said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...