Wednesday, June 2

Dear John

I saw the movie last night.  Here is my thought:

Dear Nicholas Sparks,

You suck.

The End.

Regretfully watched,
B

**He is the most predictable author I've ever read.  They are all the same.  Nothing original.  This is my solemn vow to you all - - I will never pick up a Nick Sparks book again.  Ever.  Well, unless I need something to start a fire with.  I liked The Notebook.  But that's really about it.  The rest are basically the same.  Go read this if you are bored.  Be ye warned - - this guy is NO fan of Nick Sparks and his language (quite colorful) proves it.  I found it extremely hilarious and spot on.**

5 comments:

Traci B said...

LOL! My thoughts exactly. That particular plot was not only cheesy, but WEIRD.

****SPOILERS*****


I did NOT understand why she married Henry Thomas from E.T. Ehhh...?? It just made no sense and came out of nowhere. What a beyotch for not waiting for John, especially when he was shot and his dad died. Apparently, the plot diverted completely from the book in that sense, and the faithful readers were upset. And - - they "just happen to meet" at the very end in Paris or something?? Seriously?? *eyeroll*

Shawna said...

I just watched the movie....seriously like 10 minutes ago. Hated the movie and didn't like the book either.

~becky said...

I knew it. When they showed the Tim character, I was like, "Huh?" And then - - PLEASE!!!!

The ending was when I lost it. Mr. B was laughing at me because I was shouting at the TV. I must have said, "Are you freakin' kidding me?" like twenty times. I told him you warned me.

I found her character pathetic and weak. Pissed me off. Mr. B asked, "Is it time for her to sing Mamma Mia yet?" Big dork. Although, it might have made the movie better.

I promptly started an episode of Big Bang Theory to put me in a better mood.

Sheldon always makes my days better.

Cammie said...

I didn't really care for The Notebook or Dear John but loved The Last Song. The book is better than the movie, of course.

Kristina said...

Agreed.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...