Tuesday, January 3

Hello 2017!

Hi, y'all.

New year.

New goals.

Blah, blah, blah.

So here's the deal - we're three days in and people are already on my nerves. Why? Because everyone has to have an opinion on something. Everything is wrong with everything. And I'm tired of it. Some examples:

We can't have resolutions anymore or we'll get made fun of. For real. It's a thing. Look, I get that a lot of resolutions seem lame. But perhaps, for five seconds, consider the date. January 1st is a fresh start for a lot of people. And if that's what it takes for you to decide to lose weight, read more books, watch less television, whatever, then go for it. I like the idea of fresh starts. I like goals. I like setting them. And If I want to set a few goals for 2017, then I'm going to do it. If you don't like it? Go sit back down in your "I'm better than that" corner and have a blast looking down on the goal-setters. We'll all just be over here resolutioning our little hearts out. Because we don't care what you think. Have fun not trying to make yourself better. Or at least not telling us that you are. Because, you know, accountability and all that.

Another - - if you smoke weed or do other things that could potentially be harmful for your body or brain cells, please don't lecture me about my diet sodas. Or that I shouldn't eat red meat. Because there are less cares I could give about your "educated" opinion. Seriously, go hang out with Al in one of his super homes and chat over the whole global warming thing. Puh-lease.

Handslappy Christianity - - oh Lort. She went there. Yes. I. Just. Did. I saw it posted this morning. And I was like, oh my goodness. Here we go again. Christians being all judgy of other Christians. I'll say it now and I'll say it loud - - knock it off. If I see a pretty picture with a Bible verse on it and I want to share it on Instagram, I'm going to share it and hope that maybe God uses it to bless someone's day. I know that it's not the Scripture in it's entirety. Oh do I know. Do you know anyone who preaches THE ENTIRE BIBLE in every sermon? No. It doesn't usually work like that. So settle down on your self-righteousness. Love that God's word is out there. And people are sharing it. (This one was a huge face-palm for me thing morning.) Look, Christians - - love Jesus, love others. That part isn't hard. Careful with that plank in your own eye... (Oops, I did it again. Heh.)

I don't know. In today's age of "safe spaces" and all that, I'm just tired. Everything is wrong. People are wrong. You can't say that. You can't think that. Love animals more than you love other humans.

Here's the deal. I'm going to fail. A lot. This year is no exception to other years. But because I'm somewhat of an optimist - - I'm still going to set some goals. And you know what else? I'm going to celebrate when I succeed. And when I fail, I'm going to pick myself up, dust off and start over again. Or re-evaluate.

So you go rock the snot out of 2017. Be proud of who God made you. Set some goals. Don't set some goals. We're all just out here doing our best to put one foot in front of the other one. Some days are harder than others. Back off on the haughty derision and throw a sister some support. We could all use a little more encouragement.

I'll try to post more than twice a year. But don't call that a goal. It's my reality.

Love y'all.

*muah*

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...