I'm in a total funk today. A total post-mother's day funk. Enough of one that I can't even force myself to capitalize the letters.
Yesterday (Mother's Day) was actually nice. Mr. B made my favorite lunch and Cameron made brownies. Justin, well, Justin didn't do anything. But he wasn't in a difficult mood. So that was nice.
I got a new pair of Birkenstocks. I ordered them myself and they were delivered a few weeks ago. I put the box in Mr. B's closet and he handed them to the boys to hand to me yesterday morning. I'm sorry Future Mrs. Brays. I'm trying my best to teach them about days that are important to the special ladies in their life. Mr. B has none of it. He's NOT the sentimental type. At. All. Nobody tells him when to give a gift or celebrate. He does that on his own time table. And he rocks it when I least expect it.
Cameron did let me wear some dolphin necklace thingy he got at AWANA last week. He told me I could borrow it anytime I wanted. He also gave me a foot massage. I do think this was a ploy to stay up later. Which worked.
I didn't nag either of them about their rooms. Which are awful.
This morning they had Moms & Muffins at their school. This seems like a total waste of time and money for secondary students. Cameron insisted I go. So I got up, showered, did my hair and put on make up. He wouldn't get out of bed. So we were late. Justin, fearing he might actually die if he didn't grab a gazillion mini muffins, practically jumped out of the car while I was still parking. Then he was gone. Bye, Son. Cameron fixed his plate. Then I poured him some juice. Then he looked at me like, "Now what?" So I told him to go ahead to his class with his friends. Then I left.
I drove myself straight to Starbucks where I bought myself a Venti White Chocolate Mocha.
I came home and drank it alone.
Then I went back to the boys' rooms to survey the damage.
Gross.
I just shut the doors and walked away. Out of sight, out of mind. I'm not the maid.
Again - - I'm trying Future Mrs. Brays. I'm trying. They're gross. But I promise, it's not my fault. I assure you, the master bedroom would be a disaster if I didn't keep stuff picked up. Do they enjoy the chaos? I know I don't. Clutter makes me crazy!
Now, because I'm the World's Okayest Mom, I'm going to pack a snack for the little twerps and take it to their school. They are going to the movies but it doesn't start until later after school is over. So they will have to wait for a while. And again, being the World's Okayest, I didn't give them much money for the movies. See how far that $6 will get you in the concession stand. Perhaps it will teach them to prioritize. But I will take them a small snack to tie them over. World's Okayest to the rescue.
Don't even get me started on end of the school year projects. My money is on this: any project coming out of this house will suck. We're talking lots 'o suck. Because I refuse to help. I will purchase the necessary supplies. But I will not be doing the project. I'm tired. And I've successfully completed the sixth grade already. No need for me to do that again. Now if he wants to repeat it, that's his business.
Well, I guess I better put my pants back on if I'm going to take them something.
See how okay I am? I'm getting dressed. I'll be wearing clothes. I'm so comfy, y'all. But, I gotta go do my thing and be - - okay.
I need to order this for my van:

No comments:
Post a Comment