We did it. We moved. We closed on our new house almost three weeks ago. We moved in a week ago today.
Oh. My. Goodness..
Moving sucks. Big time. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE our new home. Love it. I'd love it even more if the remodel stuff was done. We ran into a few extra "snags" just before our move in. (I know of a tile company in this town who should be sued. Big time. Who doesn't put a vapor barrier in a tiled shower? For real.) The short version is this: we have one operation toilet and one operational shower. The half bath toilet and sink are where my fridge goes in my kitchen. Our old fridge is in our laundry room. It belongs there. But we had to bust a door frame out to get it in there. I'm not even kidding.
So - - we have concrete floors, waiting for tile, in both bathrooms, our kitchen and in what will be Mr. B's office. All of the floor tile is busted up. But cleaning up from busted up tile is nearly impossible. It tracks everywhere. Our living room has beautiful wood flooring that has both human and cat tracks on it. So pretty.
We'll get there. Mr. B is a home reno machine.
The youngest is at pre-teen camp this week and the oldest is at Mamaw camp. Why am I not in bed snuggling with Mr. B? He's snoring already. That's why.
I had to check in. I didn't want y'all to think I'd bailed already. I'm here. I'll be back. Consider yourself warned.
Smooches.
No comments:
Post a Comment