Okay - - I guess you can hate. I have been the most sucktastic blogger as of late. Just busy. I'm talking B.U.S.Y.
The last week of school was insane. Parties and field trips. Busy.
I've started teaching middle school girl Sunday School. Super busy. But man - - I'm loving those girls. Loving in a "I'm not your Mama" kind of way. I get to have fun with them, share God's Word with them, and then send them home to their mamas. It rocks.
I spent a weekend in DFW doing my Kiwanis Lt. Governor training. (See - - I don't even remember if I told you guys about that. I didn't read my past entries.) The LG thing is going to involve a little traveling. But not too far. I will be officially inducted at the District Convention in August. I'm looking forward to it. I freakin' love Kiwanis. Serving kids. I dig that.
This week has been VBS. I'm the photographer. Most of my work was completed yesterday. Three days with that heavy camera. Ay yi yi. I just took my point and shoot today. I'm lazy like that.
Tuesday afternoon I hosted the 8th grade girls over at The 'Rents house for some swimming. Great times. Minor sunburn. But fun nonetheless.
Today was a MAJOR day at VBS. It requires its own entry which I'll do later. Let's just say that God did His thing and I was beyond blessed by His work.
Tomorrow - - last day at VBS.
Saturday - - I got a freelance gig with the paper. I submitted my column today (for Tuesday's paper) two days late. Yeah. It was due on Tuesday. Luckily my editor is SO laid back and chill. He seriously rocks. Anyway, when I submitted, I sent him a quick apology telling him I felt bad for missing my deadline. I had the nerve to ask for more work from him. He responded with a job for Saturday with a Sunday publication. Sunday! I haven't had one of those yet. (Did I mention that he rocks?) Pretty excited. It's a color story. So fun stuff. I get to do my thing and talk to total strangers. I've developed a crazy love for that. Spreading my writer's wings. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
And as if I haven't bitten off a huge enough chunk of the cray lately - - I'm leaving for youth camp Monday morning. I'm excited. But nervous about the heat. And the lack of Starbucks. And sleeping on a bunk bed with a mattress about as thin as my credit card. And camp cooties. But hey - - I'll get to zipline and play paintball. Maybe now would be a good time for you to guess how many bruises I'll come home with. I'm taking about eight thousand cans of Off - - so the mosquitoes can go bite someone else. Seriously though - - it should be fun.
Yes, my Spurs got eliminated last night. Bah. Oh well. It's not the end of the world. I enjoyed watching them play. And now, I don't give a crap about the rest of the season. My team isn't in the finals. I get my life back. Wait, wait, wait. Basketball stops, blogging starts again. Holy crap. I never made the connection before. I need therapy.
And since this is an epic post, I apparently need to blog more often. I will. I promise. I'm back fans. I'm back and loving it.
I've missed you guys. Smooches all around and I'll see you soon!
Muah!!!!
3 comments:
Yay for more writing opportunities! So proud of you!
F.I.N.A.L.L.Y! Just teasing. I'm excited for you and your adventures. Hope to catch up soon!
Sorry about your Spurs... :(
Hope your having fun at camp!
Post a Comment