Thursday, December 6

Why blog?

Something I'm seriously contemplating. Why do I do this?

I enjoy it. I love the release it provides me. Someone the other day mentioned that I don't do it as much anymore. The funny stuff about my trips to Wal-Mart and the such. It made me think. Why don't I? What made me stop? I still blog. Just not like I used to.

And so a period of self-reflection set in.

I know what stole my thunder. And some of you will remember. Vaguely. An incident happened in March. I can't go into the details. Because, this is the written and very public word. How public? I'll never know. There-in lies my problem. Who reads my thoughts out loud? I know that many do and never comment. But how many? And who, specifically? It's begun to "creep me out." And, I guess, give me cause to "censor" myself.

I feel like such a hypocrite, because I was shouting from the rooftops, "Be who you are or don't be at all." The truth is, they are hard words to live by. Here's the thing.

1. I am a Christian. I want to live my life as a good Christian. But let's face it. Christians have bad days, too. Christians think things are funny. I just don't want to ever come off in a manner that might suggest that I'm not a Christian. Or to someone who is not one, make them wonder, why ever become one? She's not any different than me. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be all "holier than thou." I guess I want my cake and eat it too.

2. I am a person who wears many other hats as well. The B that is a friend isn't always the same B that is a daughter. KWIM? For instance - - My Dad thinks "fart" is a bad word. (Sorry, Dad.) I don't. So out of respect to him, I try not to say that word in front of him. But around my friends, it's a totally acceptable word. Does this mean I'm living two lives? No. It's the same with my blogging. I say some stuff around my inner circle (my peeps) while around others I might be a little more reserved.

Somehow - - the inner circle became penetrated. By lots of unknowns. And some knowns. I just don't know who I'm talking to anymore. And that kind of bothers me.

How will I fix this? I don't know at this juncture. I'm keeping my options open. I just want the freedom to be me, say what's *really* on my mind, and not have to worry about who might see it.

There could be some changes on the horizon. You've been put on notice.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

I love reading your blog! I love knowing the real you. I am sad to hear that you are having to be careful "of yourself" on this thing. You inspired me to start my blog. For what it is worth, this is my only way to stay connected to my peeps! I support whatever measures you must take.

Anonymous said...

eww. how about an anonymous secret hiding place kind of blog????

Stephanie said...

hehehe...I thought my Dad was the only one left who thinks fart is a bad word...

Anonymous said...

demi lovato fake nudes http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude demi lovato fake nude pics

Anonymous said...

fake taylor swift nude cartoon taylor swift nude

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...