Monday, October 23

Does Everything Have to Match?

This is something I need to get over. Especially living in a house full of boys. Do sippy cup lid colors need to match the color of the cups? In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. So why does it bother me so much? Do pajama bottoms need to match the tops? If they fit, does it really matter? I should be grateful that I am getting the help around the house and I'm not raising these boys on my own. Why do these little things annoy me so much? I'm sorry, but Nemo pajama tops don't go with Buzz Lightyear pajama bottoms. It irks me. It's me. However, kudos to my sweet husband for the help. I can't complain for that. I just can't help but wonder if my stay in the loony bin will be long and if my therapist will understand that the lid didn't match the cup.

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

Oh Yes, the cups & lids NEED to match! Us Type A personalities need to stick together! I have loosened up about the mismatched clothes, only around the house!

I can so relate!

Yoda said...

Ah Aunt B, *I* get *you*. Do they *have* to match? Of course not, but does it make the world a nicer place? Absolutely. And isn't that what we're really trying to accomplish here anyway? ;)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...